Getting a passport was not that easy earlier. People use to wait 3 months to get their passport. Now you can get your passport in 15 days only. The process is now so smooth and systematic anyone with proper documents can get it easily. Thanks to the current government for making the process easy and effective. How to get passport in 15 days? follow the steps below.
image source : nricafe
There are 3 major documents required Address proof, Id Proof & Birth Proof. Proper documents are Important factor in how to get passport.
List Of Documents You Can Submit
- Address Proof : Anyone one document Aadhar Card, Bank Passbook, Electricity Bill, Voter Id card etc.
- Birth Proof : Anyone one document AAdhar card, PAN Card, Birth Certificate, Board Marksheet, Government Employer Id, Voter Id card
NOTE : Birth Certificate is not compulsory.
- ID Proof : AAdhar Card, Voter Id.
- NON ECR : 10th Marksheet, School Leaving Certificate
- Follow the link for Documents required : http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/docAdvisor/attachmentAdvFreshInp
IMPORTANT : Make sure all your document have same name on it.
Online Application Form
First step is to apply online on the passport website. Follow these steps:
- Go to http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink
- Click on new user? Register Now
- Fill the registration form
- Check your email and click on the link
- Now you are ready with the application form
- Fill the application form correctly
- Pay ₹1500 Online
- Choose the appointment date and take printout of the form.
Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)
On the day of appointment make sure you have all your self attested documents with you. Take 2 to 3 photocopies of each document. There is a Xerox facility available in PSK. Better you take with you all the photocopies self attested. Reach 15 to 30 minutes earlier to the psk.
Steps in PSK
First enter in PSK with all your documents. The guys will check your documents and suggest you if you have missed anything. This step is just a simple verification. They will give you a token number and that number will be your ID for the rest of the process.
After document verification now the actual process will start. You have to go through 3 sections consider A,B and C.
This is the first section you have to visit. The process and the staff are very helpful.
- Here they will check your application form and verify your documents.
- You can correct if any mistake you have made during filling the application form online.
- If everything OK they will take your fingerprints and a Photo.
- You have to pay ₹40 for sms alerts (Optional), But I suggest take it.
- They will submit your application.
- You have to wait near the screen and wait for your number to display to enter section B
After you see your number on the screen you have to go to the particular B section.
Here it’s just a simple verification process. They will verify your documents and match with the online application form. If any mistake they will send you to A section to correct it. Otherwise your B section is clear.
Now again wait near the screen and wait for your number to enter final section that is C.
After your number comes you have to enter C section. This is also a Simple verification process. If all the documents are correct your section C is also clear.
Now you have to leave the psk by submitting feedback form. The whole process will take 2 hours.
Police Address Verification
After submission of your form in PSK next step is police address verification. The Police guy will come to your house and ask for your documents. He will ask you to take photocopy of your neighbors ID Proof also.
Now, here depending on the area and police you have to deal with them carefully. Just to make the process smooth give them correct documents. They will fill the form and submit to the head police station.
Physical Police Verification
Now after address verification you have to go to head police station office for physical verification.
One guy will be there who handles passport section. You have to submit your documents. 3 Photo copies of each documents listed below.
- 3 Photographs
- Electricity Bill
- Ration Card
- Id Proof
- Address Proof
- Birth Proof
Here also they will ask for all correct document to process your application. They will point out certain mistakes in your form (Any kind of mistake). And they will say it is difficult to process blah blah. Just handle the situation accordingly and will process your application to SP office Or if you want to delay your application than fight with him.
Track Your Passport
After completing all the process of how to get passport just sit back and relax. Track your application online. Within next 10 days your passport will be in your hands.